Music by Fausto Romitelli
Text by Kenka Lekovich
Video by Paolo Pachini & Leonardo Romoli
Immerse yourself in a furnace of the senses. This is how cult Italian composer Fausto Romitelli described his final work An Index of Metals, an ‘electric poem’ that explodes the possibilities of the art form.
New music innovators Ensemble Offspring join forces with SCO to tackle a work inspired by everything from ancient initiation rites to rave parties. Director Kip Williams (STC’s Macbeth, SCO’s The Lighthouse) meets Romitelli’s challenge with his own bold aesthetic. Virtuoso soprano Jane Sheldon, last seen in the shattering Exil, returns to the stage to perform this fiercely modern Australian premiere.
NOTE: This performance contains nudity. It is not recommended for patrons under 16 years of age.
Photography: Samuel Hodge
- Jack Symonds
- Kip Williams
- Set & Costume Design
- Elizabeth Gadsby
- Lighting Design
- Ross Graham
- Assistant Lighting Design
- Alexander Berlage
- Jane Sheldon and Ensemble Offspring
- 8pm Mon 16, Tues 17, Weds 18, Thurs 19 November 2015
- Carriageworks Bay 20, 245 Wilson St, Eveleigh
- These performances of An Index of Metals by Fausto Romitelli are given by permission of Hal Leonard Australia Pty Ltd, exclusive agents for Casa Ricordi of Italy